Sunday 14 August 2011

Clarice Cliff jumper.........

A long, long time ago - way back in 1987! - I entered a knitwear design competition; I was lucky enough to get through to the final 12, invited up to Stationers' Hall in London for the do. Didn't win the overall, but had a great time, and the jumper I'd designed and knitted was professionally modelled on a catwalk, then appeared a few weeks later on Breakfast Time TV. No pattern, I designed it on the needles :)

I have no idea where it is now, I think they all got auctioned off for charity - if anyone knows, I'd be delighted to find out!





This was me back then, receiving my certificate:


1 comment:

Sue xx said...

oh wow...it's just gorgeous and very clever too....have you always knit, I mean when did you start.

I'm only just now having the courage to go patternless :)

I do a Clarice Cliff plate and bowl though not the real Deco style, just pink roses.
he he
xx