Wednesday 7 September 2011

Three bags full............


I bought these three wee bags of fleece from the wool festival; two are Portland (one shearling), the other is Suffolk cross. The Portland was £2 a bag each; one has 140g written on it, the other I'm not sure of teh weight. The Suffolk cross was £1 a bag, again not sure on weight


This is a whole Shetland fleece, good value I thought at £8.50, feels a nice one.



Back to Shetland again, this time blended with silk into rather beautiful rovings; I think this will spin into something really rather nice................. 150g in total, for  £6.95

I haven't done any spinning for a few months for a number ofreasons so really looking forward to getting back to it as soon as I can, with all this rather gorgeous fibre lying around !

1 comment:

Fishcake_random said...

I never realised that buying fleece to make into wool was so cheap. What do the ratios work out at? One fleece equals 1 jumper ect?

I'm still so jealous you got to go to the wool show. I think I might have to try and make next years for sure :)
x x x