Monday 7 November 2011

Painting

I love painting and decorating, but have ben sidelind over the years, being told I am not good enough or/and not neat enough. Now, however, I'm going for it if the house is to become mine. I've started in the wee bedroom, where I am now, and which will house Bean when she comes home too. I've chosen duck egg blue for the walls and made a start this afternoon, one wall done, but looks like the whole room will need two coats to cover up the darker blue that EJ chose when he was in there. Pleased with the colour so far, though, it's very pretty and exactly right. I have the fabric for the curtains, and new bedding too, will make/find/buy a new lampshade, and rugs too. It will become my interim haven until things run their course here, my own space for now.

2 comments:

Blue Shed Thinking said...

Masking tape is supposed to help.

If you can put it on straight enough...

Jacqui said...

Enjoy making your home. xx