Friday 6 January 2012

Frugal Friday - stew

I love stews!  Anything goes..............  last night's supper was a big bowl of Irish stew I made on Wednesday. I got a decent size pot out, and in went - three bendy carrots and 4 soft potatoes 3 sprouting onions and a packet of very good diced British lamb picked up for only 10p our of the reduced section the other week; add in a dash of Worcester sauce, some value gravy granules and some water. Cheap, filling, nutritious  and very good - there's half of it left for tomorrow too :)  Can't really ask for more, can I?


That's a Wikipedia Irish stew lol - but looks almost identical to mine, and I liked the table cloth!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love a pan of stew, in my case a pan of Scouse, its the same ingredients, but its made so thick you can stand the ladle up in the middle and it take a while for it to move.
Blind scouse is just the veg, happy scouse is made with beef.

mrsnesbitt said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bring on the stew! Love em all.
Happy New Year
Denise x