Wednesday 1 February 2012

Flowers...................................

I very rarely buy flowers; I like bits and bobs out of my own garden - flowers, foliage, twigs etc. I had to buy these last ngiht though, the colours are just gorgeous - a shaded pink flower with white insides and creamy coloured stamens, light green leaves - one of my very favourite combinations of green/pink/white. One reason I rarely buy them is because they are often imported; not only air miles to consider, but use of land that could well be used for growing food for domestic consumption by that country. That might be a simplistic way of looking at things, but it's how I see it .  You can often buy Fair Trade roses, which is a step in the right direction, but I still ahve the food growing niggle.
So, I was delighted to buy these last night - British grown (could have been in a hot house though :( - down point), adn reduced in price from £5 to £2.55. When I got them home, I discovered that there were actually two bunches in there, but I've  put them all in one vase, and have them sitting on the ktichen table beside my laptop. Gorgeous.

1 comment:

Down by the sea said...

I love the colour of your tulips and I agree with you about buying hot house flowers. They are just the thing to brighten a cold day.
Sarah