Saturday 10 March 2012

Saturday pursuits..............


I finished reading this book this afternoon; thoroughly recommend it for anyone interested in self-suficiency/reliance. Some great authentic historical facts, recipes, etc, plus quite a few new to me ideas for food storage/preserving which I'm looking forward to having a go at this year. A really nice book to read, inspiring and colourful pictures. I bought mine from Amazon.

Also today, got a good bit more done on my newest crochet project, a zig zag blanket:

It's being done in acrylic for easy washing etc, and to use up some bits and bobs in the stash; the main colour is a lovely shade of apple green which I love. Crocheted in the car, bit tricky around the corners when the hook slipped out..................  lol

Out was a tip trip, but again, no treasures, but plenty to see on the way home on such a beautiful spring day - celandines in their thousands, first of the primroses and last of the snowdrops hanging on under a very sheltered hedge, took five minutes to watch a buzzard enjoying himself in the thermals, lots of paragliders out on top of Bulbarrow Hill, stunning view right across the Vale from up there (youc an see my cottage!), daffodils, horses, pony and trap, dog walkers, sheep............... I'm glad spring is here at  last :)

1 comment:

Julia said...

That is a lovely book! I belong to the DUP (Daughters of the Utah Pioneers) and still live and practice self-sufficiency in Utah (although I am not Mormon). My ancestors crossed the plains and settled Providence, Utah. My grandmother gave me that book long ago as a gift.