Monday 23 July 2012

Sorted

 - well almost!  Spent yesterday afternoon out in the tent sorting out all my craft stuff, re-packing it in a more logical ( yes, me lol) way, and stowing it away in the cabin. The tent ahs been in situ for 3 years or so now and the cover is beginning to show wear and tear. Stuff was cleaned and dusted off, shifted into and out of various boxes, amid lots of 'OOooohh I'd forgotten I had that!' s  lol
I seriously have enough stuff to start a shope I reckon. Rug loom was cleaned and hauled up there too, along with 5 other looms of  varying sizes (plus the two I have indoors here); I have more fleeces than you could shake a shepherd's crook at - various tyes, all usable and good to go when I'm ready; also many smaller bags of fleece and other fibres, waiting to meet the spinning wheel some time soon. I'm off on hols for 2 weeks at the end of this week ( more anon), so will be taking my wheel with me and hope to make some sort of woolly dent in it all!  I also found two big boxes of fabric for patchwork/quilting, and various other supplies - many water colour paints,  my acrylics, pencils, chalks and pastels; lino cutting equipment, lucet and spindle; dozens and dozens of balls of wool of all sorts of persuasions,piles of knitting patterns...............  you name it, I think it's in there!
Very pleased with what was achieved (got help with carrying and lifting heavy stuff, so was able to continue longer than I would have done otherwise), and I know what;s what and what's where, now. Well, that's the theory, but finding stuff again is always a thrill, and I find it inspiring to get on and try new things and projects. Mind you, you can no longer get in the cabin............... again, more on that anon

No comments: