Monday 6 August 2012

Scotland's Covenanters

I've spent a good half haour watching this little film from Youtube; gives the basic information and background to the Scottish Covenanters and their cause. I found it fascinating, and a good starting point for more research that I want to do, as I know the basics, but there is a lot more to study on the subject. I have a particular interest in the Covenanters as it has been handed down on my mother's side, the Scottish side, of the family that one of my ancstors was a Covenanter and had his ear cut off as part of his punishment for his beliefs.  I'm not sure I'll ever find out who he was, but there is so much to learn on that journey that it will be interesting and fulfilling anyway, and will be added in to my work on my Scottish roots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enSBMqFblLI

No comments: