Sunday 4 November 2012

Nutbloom days


I have been here at Nutbloom cottage for eactly a fortnight, with stil 9 days to go. Had a wonderful time so far, total peace and quiet for the most part. I've got on with a lot of making for my online shop, which will be re-stocked when I get home


I've done a lot of reading of all sorts of things - sailing off the west coast of Scotland with the wonderful Nhairi Hedderwick books, Baker Creek heritage vegetable book knitting books and spinning magazines, dyeing books, gardening and cookery magazines. I've caught up on a wonderful series on the i-Player with Nigel Slater using up leftovers and watched an excellent couple of hours of Paul Weller music.
I've been cooking just for me and eating when I want - Frosties at 3pm - why not?  I've made curries and omelettes, had good breakfasts, wine in the evenings, some interesting beers and ciders too.  I've snoozed by the woodburner with and without knitting, and the cat has decided he likes me after all, bless him

I've had cards made for the shop too, and have been making individual ones

I hope to fit in a bit of writing too this coming week working on a couple of projects; I have so any ideas I want and need to get down on paper.
The bedroom upstairs is tiny, the cottage itself dating back to the 18thC  J thinks, reached by a treacherous tiny staircase which is a bit of a trial at the end of the day when I'm tired lol.It's a comfortable bedroom though and one window looks out across the road to her neighbour's smallholding, where I can see pigs and pigets going about their early morning whatever pigs do :) Although on a corner close to a road, there is good, new double glazing , so it is quiet.
Although there are things I miss from home, I love house sitting here, it has been and continues to be very good for me. My own time and space is very important to me.

 

No comments: