Thursday 11 July 2013

Strawberry fields for...................... Wednesday



Lovely day out in the glorious weather with a friend; she wanted some strawberries for jam, so we hoyed off up to Ansty pyo on the A30 up near Salisbury. ~It was the first time I've been there, although I've been aware of them for a long time.  Great strawberries, both planted lower in raised grow-bags and higher terraces to help your back!  There was a great farm shop - proper local produce, and lots of it, as well as the fruit. We had an excellent cup of tea in the cafĂ© too - came with a decent sized pot of hot water, which you don't often get these days, and we managed to get 6 cups out of the pot for £3.60 - lovely proper china tea cups too, and milk in a proper jug. It's the little things that make the difference, isn't it?



We just happened ( ha ha) to choose a table next to the bookshelves where you could buy from a good selection of books, for charity - I gave my money to the Air Ambulance which is a cause very dear to my heart due to recent events.  I got a   lovely book of patterns for knitted cushions, and a wee paperback by Dylan Thomas, will post about that later.
We then went to collect some jam jars from a friend, and had more tea and were regaled with hilarious stories of their adventures in Mexican hotels among other things. Haven't laughed so much for a long time :)
Then back to my friend's house where we sat in the garden with a ham and salad baguette and a Pimms. There may have been chocolate biscuit goodness too.  Arrived home tired and happy, the sign of a good day out. This is what I was looking at with my Pimms



http://www.anstypyo.co.uk/pyo.html

No comments: