Saturday 8 February 2014

Mushrooms on toast

Doesn't sound that exciting for a Saturday night supper, but it was really good :)  I bought a punnet of  British exotic mushrooms - shiro, shimeji,oyster,shiitake and eryngii




Two cloves of garlic were sliced and softened in some butter over a highish heat, then the mushrooms were added and left for about ten minutes, stirring from time to time. I added salt and freshly ground black pepper, a splash of white wine and some double cream, stirred well and left to bubble for about five minutes whilst the bread toasted. Delicious, and there's enough mushrooms left for another meal, so good value and extremely tasty.






 

3 comments:

Ali said...

LOVE mushrooms but sadly can't eat them as they make me ill :-( That looks delish!!

Janice said...

I've never heard of some of those mushroom but your meal looks delicious!

MrsL said...

I hadn't heard of some them either Janice lol . Really nice for a change though. That's a shame Ali. I'll have yours ;) lol


x